The new Partnership charter will be focused on growing and evolving the membership & loyalty products by crafting new ways in which we partner with third-parties. You will be part of a full-stack team that is looking for engineers who are passionate about designing and building innovative, highly scalable, efficient, and reliable systems. Our products reach is in the millions and you’ll be integrating Uber with some of the largest consumer companies globally.
You will lead projects and drive cross-team collaboration with engineers across various product teams, including Uber Eats, Rides, FinTech, etc. As a result of your work, our team will deliver impact across various products and business lines.
What You’ll Do
- Support hyper-growth/new products in customer engagement from the platform perspective. Design and build extensible new features in distribution, loyalty programs, and scalable tech.
- Develop creative ways to increase consumer’s engagement utilizing third-party partnerships.
- Identify areas of opportunity and continuously improve key business metrics like opt-in and retention rate with scalable technical solutions.
- Utilize multiple tech stacks across the company to build the best benefits and privileges for subscribers.
- Adapt and optimize key pieces of Uber’s evolving infrastructure for partnerships.
- Mentor other engineers and promote best engineering practices.
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++).
- Experience with developing sophisticated software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Understand requirements and business use cases beyond the written word.
- We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
About the Team
Today, our consumers have multiple ways to engage with Uber — from requesting a ride to ordering a burrito, from grocery shopping to getting your prescriptions delivered. The customer engagement team sits at the intersection of all these experiences, with the goal to make using Uber seamless & valuable through products such as membership, and loyalty. To expand the ways Uber supports our users, we are creating a new charter within Customer Engagement, Partnerships, focused on establishing relationships with key partners and building valuable integrations. This team is directly responsible for scaling subscriptions to the world through third-party partnerships and giving all our users new and compelling reasons to be loyal to Uber.
By combining technical strategy and industry expertise, the Partnerships team will empower third-party partnerships to work with Uber in new and innovative ways that benefit both the customer and our businesses. Our Partnership team will interact directly with all different types of partners to develop solutions that range from bespoke integrations to scalable technology. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding member of the Partnership charter and support a variety of high-priority initiatives in close collaboration with Business Development, operations, and policy teams.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
View & Apply