Requisition ID: 252260
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are witnessing a major shift in our industry from on-premise to cloud software. SAP SuccessFactors is one of SAP’s fastest growing cloud development teams. With the cloud, our customers associate cost reduction through fewer hardware costs, shorter implementation times and easy to use and to consume software.
Coming from a quarterly release-cycle to a continuous-delivery mode, getting customers live with several hundred thousand employees, maturing the technical basis of our application while extending the functional scope and making SuccessFactors the HCM core within SAP’s cloud offering are some of our current focus areas.
This position is part of the SuccessFactors Frameworks teams in platform, we develop and own the core application development framework, rules engine and extensions framework. All frameworks are part of the target architecture to develop all the Cloud HCM solutions.
We can offer a challenging and multi-sided range of tasks touching a plethora of technologies: cloud-native technologies, micro-services architecture, Java, HANA, SAP Cloud Platform, SAPUI5, OData, and many more.
We are looking for a talented Developer to join our innovative platform team of HCM Cloud engineering in St. Leon-Rot. As a key member, the candidate will get an opportunity to own major deliverables of projects and in all aspects of a fast-paced product development. You will work with a diverse mix of young and mature talents.
Besides St. Leon-Rot as one of the largest development locations, we also have development locations in the US, India, and Shanghai. We offer a dynamic, international environment, with opportunities for continuous learning and career development.
- You drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Your responsibility is covering all stages and tasks within the entire software development cycle
- You contribute to architecture and concept definition depending on your experience
- You take over responsibility for design, testing, implementation, maintenance, and customer support
- You cooperate closely with colleagues across functions and with other development teams
- University degree (Bachelor, Diploma, Master, PhD) in the following fields: information technology, computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering or related area.
- Social skills and team player – consensus building and openness to new ideas and intercultural co-operation
- Quality, service, and customer-oriented working attitude
- Curiosity for the broader picture
- Ability to work and learn self-organized
- Experience in working with continuous delivery and continuous deployment enabled setup
- Excellent German and English language skills – written and oral
- Experience in Framework development is an advantage
- Experience in HCM (Human Capital Management) is an advantage
- Experience in Microservice Development is an advantage
- Experience with ASE techniques like test-driven development, unit tests, continuous integration & delivery, pair programming
- Knowledge in integration development and experience with SAP Cloud Platform is a plus
Your extensive onboarding phase will be accompanied by a buddy. In this phase you will gain other technical skills. Additionally, within the empowered team you have lots of opportunities to take over responsibilities and to drive the team’s topics.
2 – 5 years of work experience in software development
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.