As a worldwide leading manufacturer of optical and digital precision technology, Olympus provides innovative solutions for state-of-the-art medical systems, digital cameras as well as scientific solutions. The company’s award-winning products are instrumental in detecting, preventing and healing illness, driving scientific research and documenting life with artistic freedom. In the hands of its customers, Olympus’ high-tech products help to make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling. More than 6,750 people work for Olympus in Europe in one of its 31 international offices. Apply now!
- Practical assignments in the company (approx. 12 weeks) which alternate with theoretical semester sessions at the FH Nordakademie in Elmshorn (10 weeks)
- Assignments in various areas of the company, e.g. Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Controlling, Logistics or Product Management
- Lectures in the fields of General Business Administration, Taxation, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Languages and Economics at the Nordakademie which will all be taught in English
- Continuous exchange with international colleagues
- High school diploma/Abitur with good grades in German and Mathematics
- Good written and spoken English; for university attendance, you must submit a language certificate
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Commitment and ability to work in a team
- High interest in economic issues, in your own development and in working in an international environment
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- 13.5 salaries and 30 vacation days per year
- Comprehensive social benefits, such as the HVV-ProfiTicket, contribution to employees’ investments, book money
- “Healthy Living” program (balanced and subsidized canteen meals, various in-house company sports, free medical checkups, etc.)
- Flexible working hours thanks to a modern flexitime model
- Exciting trainee projects
- Seminars on professional and personal development
- Rides with the sales reps
In your daily tasks and projects, you will always be accompanied by your trainers and the training management and encouraged by continuous feedback discussions. Various workshops and seminars will support you in your professional and personal development throughout the entire duration of your dual studies. We will also be happy to offer you the opportunity to work in one of our European subsidiaries as well as spend a semester abroad.
After your 3.5-year dual study program, you will be able to work in a variety of fields at Olympus. Whether in sales and distribution of our medical technology products, in the product or country management or in one of our central functions – international business economists review, plan and improve internal processes taking efficiency and profitability into account. They develop individual system solutions in consultation with our customers. Furthermore, they open up new sales markets through intensive market analyses.