Your Job Offer at Elia Group (Elia and 50Hertz)
European Energy Policy Advisor (f/m/d)
Place of work: Berlin (next to main station)
Permanent contract | Full-time (37 hours per week)
Job ID: 1959
Elia Group, Berlin
Elia Group supports equally the Belgian Transmission System Operator Elia Transmission Belgium and the German Transmission System Operator 50Hertz. The Elia Group EU Affairs Department is in charge of monitoring relevant EU policy developments, proactively shaping relevant EU legislation, and ensuring the public affairs of Elia Group by promoting it as a trusted advisor to EU authorities and stakeholders. We act based on Elia Group expertise and in the interest of society. In Berlin, we offer you the permanent position: European Energy Policy Advisor (f/m/d).
The EU Affairs team is partly based in Brussels and partly in Berlin. For this position, we are looking for a Berlin-based reinforcement, who is open for regular travel to Brussels.
Monitor relevant EU policy developments, proactively shape relevant EU legislation and ensure Elia Group’s public affairs by promoting it as a trusted advisor to EU authorities and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain the knowledge of relevant evolutions in EU policy developments in climate, energy and other areas of importance for Elia Group,
- Inform Elia Group strategy and business planning processes with relevant EU policy developments; contribute to strategic studies/ business developments by bringing in the European policy angle,
- Analyse concrete policy/ legislative proposals and identify the related risks and opportunities for Elia Group,
- Coordinate and support the relevant Elia Group departments in defining Elia Group positions; formulate such positions into policy messages, position papers, answers to public consultations, etc.,
- Build and maintain an external network, in national and EU institutions and associations, to engage directly or indirectly with key individuals to support and promote Elia Group’s views.
- Successfully completed a university degree, by preference in European policy, law, economics, or a related field,
- Good knowledge of the political, economic and legal context of the European and German energy sector,
- Good knowledge of German and EU institutions and processes,
- A clear taste and talent for analysis, synthesis, and strategic thinking,
- Excellent communication, presentation and editorial skills,
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and relationship-building skills,
- Excellent command of English, as well as German.
French or Dutch language skills are an asset. Several years of experience in an infrastructure or Energy Company or any role in energy-policy is a plus.
- Individual training opportunities,
- A modern working environment in the city centre (directly at the main station),
- 30 days holiday,
- A company restaurant with fresh prepared meals,
- Free beverages (coffee, cocoa, tea, water),
- A company Kindergarten and a parent & child office for short-term care bottlenecks,
- Company pension scheme,
- An award-winning employer: “The best employers for women” – grade: very good (Brigitte, 2020); “Germany’s most sought-after employers” (F.A.Z.-Institut, 2020); “Germany’s best employers – High attractiveness”(Die Welt, 2019); “Germany’s best training companies” (Focus Money, 2020); “Germany’s most family-friendly companies” (Freundin, 2020),
- … for more details visit our career website.
“Flexikompass” – Learn more about the position’s flexibility
- Working hours per week: 37 hours (full time),
- Flexible working hours and a long term working time account supporting your work-life-balance,
- The number of flex days is not limited,
- No core working hours,
- Mobile working, also from home, is possible.
We have adjusted our recruitment process to current challenges regarding Covid-19. We are conducting any upcoming job interviews in the form of telephone and video interviews.
We are looking forward to your application (including your salary expectations and your earliest possible start date or your current notice period). Right now, we are constantly screening new incoming applications, so please apply as soon as possible using our online application form.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. The official 50Hertz representation for employees with disabilities (Schwerbehindertenvertretung) will be happy to advise you confidentially. You can reach this representation by e-mail: .
50Hertz Transmission GmbH – Part of the European Elia Group
Human Resources, Kati Jaich,
View & Apply