With 3,000 employees, the US Materion Group has been one of the pioneers of innovative materials for almost 100 years. With three strong business units – Advanced Materials, Precision Coatings and Performance Alloys & Composites – we support high-tech companies around the world with innovative material solutions. Our customized products are often the key to completely new applications and technologies, e.g. in semiconductor, aerospace, telecommunications, consumer electronics, medical technology, science and the energy sector. We are on a growth course and intend to exploit the enormous growth potential of the European market as the next step. We are already present there in several countries with sales and production sites. Alzenau is the centre for our European AMG business development. We are looking forward to hearing from committed professionals who want to help shape our further development with their ideas and know-how.
HR Business Partner (f/m/d)
Full or part time (at least 30 hrs/week)
As a Human Resources Business Partner based in Alzenau, you will report directly to the HR Director EMEA and will work closely with the local HR teams, business areas and other functions (Finance, IT). Furthermore, you actively participate in national and international HR projects to promote engagement and business partnering.
These are the tasks:
- You are a strategic and operational partner for leaders by consulting, encouraging and supporting them to effectively manage their people, including best use of tools, processes and interventions
- You are responsible to provide professional HR partnering in Germany
- You understand the business needs and provide advice and guidance to different levels of leaders about the employee HR life cycle and labor law related aspects
- You are taking over an active role in HR projects (e.g. design and implementation of comprehensive structures and processes) or providing change management support for business related initiatives
- You are the central contact person for all compliance-related topics in Germany
- You are part of a local HR team and intensively work with international HR colleagues to build up common Materion HR standards and ensure the alignment to the global HR strategy for Germany
We are expecting the following qualification:
- You have a HR related academic degree (e.g. Law Sciences, Economics)
- Furthermore, you have experience as HR Manager or HR Business Partner, ideally in a complex and growing international company environment
- You have a very good understanding and expertise of HR processes as well as HR process development and execution (Hiring, Onboarding, Individual / Leadership Development, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Talent Management)
- You have experience in collaboration with Works Councils
- You have a sound knowledge of German employment law, experience with collective bargaining agreements for the chemical industry welcome
- You are able to make pragmatic decisions and to diplomatically balance between different parties
- While having detail oriented analytical skills in guiding conclusions out of HR data, you are also able to keep the big picture in mind
- You have very good German and English language skills, verbally and in writing
- Ideally you have experience with Workday as a HR management software
Do you relish the opportunity? We are looking forward to receiving your application including your earliest start date: .
Materion Advanced Materials Germany GmbH