Requisition ID: 268834
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Part-Time or Regular Full-Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role Information
The Innovation Office tackles upfront risk-mitigation for product discovery. We are proud of helping to make Business Process Intelligence a better product by identifying the most desirable, feasible, usable, and viable ideas. We combine engineering and agile operations excellence with thought leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and radical customer-centricity to turn big ideas into reality. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. In our fast-paced environment, we look for talents who are ambitious and are always enthusiastic about taking on new challenges. You will be able to grow your skill set in both breadth and depth as we continue to push technology and product experience forward.
Since you will be working closely with our product managers, developers, architects, customers and domain experts, you must be a team player. Your tasks will include the creation of customer research artefacts, user journey maps, low-to-high fidelity prototypes, usability studies and others. As we are a startup-like environment, a wide variety of tasks and a dynamic work environment are a given.
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
- Test desirability, viability and feasibility validation with the objective of feeding new product requirements into BPI
- Explore novel HCI ideas
- Explore business data for data-driven storytelling and product validation
- User Research:
- Explorative methods (e.g., discovery workshops)
- Descriptive methods (e.g., validation of storyboards through usability studies)
- Confirmatory methods (e.g. surveys)
- Customer Engagements:
- Collaborating and communicating professionally with clients and internal teams
- User Journey mapping of as-is/to-be business processes, JTBD, etc.
- Designing user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity mockups
- Developing interactive reporting and visualizations dashboards
- Communicating design principles + direction and specifications to engineers
- Defining hypothesis and success criteria for product ideas
- Creating prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- At least 1 year of UX or interaction design experience
- Experience with SAP Fiori a plus
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs
- Ability to explore, identify, and validate user needs
- Deep understanding of information design/architecture, principles, and user psychology
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed-upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, colour, layout, and general awareness of materials/textures
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team
- Strong team orientation and ability to thrive on virtual, international, cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal, communication and board/executive level presentation skills in English
- Ideally, previous customer-facing work, as most of our projects are co-innovations that are driven outside-in
About the team
Building on SAP’s intelligent enterprise strategy it is the mission of Business Process Intelligence to assist our customers in navigating through their digital transformation, help them understand and improve their business processes in a data-driven way. Our purpose is to help our customers innovate in an ever-changing world!
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
View & Apply