Requisition ID: 269162
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Location: Berlin, Potsdam or Walldorf
Expected Travel: 0 – 50%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Part-Time or Regular Full-Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role Information
The Product Manager (f/m/d) for SAP’s Business Technology Platform is right in the middle of building SAP’s future and supports the journey towards a competitive Business Technology Platform (BTP) through the following:
- Continuously shape and detail out the strategy for the Business Technology Platform (BTP), in concert with the development units and the Corporate Strategy Group. This comprises, for example, identifying target customers and users, user journeys and scenarios, carrying out market analyses, working with analysts, building go-to-market strategies and offerings.
- Driving the BTP strategy execution by supporting the concrete technical strategies, for example, a unified UX strategy for the BTP.
- Bringing the BTP to life through frontrunner implementation projects, in collaboration with prototyping teams within SAP
- Contributing to set up SAP for the execution towards the Business Technology Platform by maintaining the respective governance for prioritization and planning (roadmaps) and distributed software development
Our tasks range from strategy to execution, thus implies a need for a broad range of profiles. What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to manage projects involving a range of stakeholders from across the company in a fast-paced environment
- Ambition to changing how SAP works and runs, “can do” attitude, team player
- Fluent in English – both spoken and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of SAP as a company, at least 3 years at SAP or in the industry
- Master’s degree and interdisciplinary profile combining computer science with either business/strategy or UX/design, or a specialist in any of the three
- Experience in product management or strategy consulting is a plus
About the team
The Board Area Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development in form of the Business Technology Platform as SAP’s aspiration for a single unified platform within the company. It consolidates and integrates a range of current stand-alone products and portfolios, e.g., HANA, SAP Cloud Platform, Analytics, AI and machine learning, App Marketplace into ONE “cloud-first” platform. It can be seen as SAP’s answer to Microsoft Azure and Salesforce’s force.com platforms. In this, SAP is undergoing a major shift, from a product company towards SAP as a platform company, which makes it one of the most exciting projects at SAP. This platform will serve as a foundation for all internal applications (LoBs), customer applications, and partner applications. The benefit for its users is ONE differentiated platform for building and commercializing applications in an SAP context. This means that the Business Technology Platform is in the core of SAP’s strategy and is a highly visible project with links to almost all functions within the company and visibility up to the board.
What is SAP Business Technology Platform?
Click to find out.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.